Frequently Asked Questions about DuPont™ Zodiaq®
Below are some of the frequently asked questions we receive on a daily basis. If you have any further questions please send us a quick note. Click here.
- What are DuPont™ Zodiaq® quartz surfaces?
- DuPont™ Zodiaq® quartz surfaces bring the beauty of natural quartz together with DuPont technology to create new and exciting possibilities. Because Zodiaq® is made of 93% quartz, it combines the unusual light play and depth of quartz crystals with exceptional clarity in a broad range of radiant colors. Quartz is also one of the hardest naturally occurring materials.
- What colors, thicknesses and sheet sizes are available?
- The Zodiaq® palette of more than 30 colors ranging from Cloud White to Space Black.
3/4" (2cm) Slab - 52" w X 118"
3/4" (2cm) Slab - 55" w X 120"
3/4" (2cm) Slab - 63" w X 120"
1-1/8" (3cm) Slab - 52" w X 118"
1-1/8" (3cm) Slab - 55" w X 120"
1-1/8" (3cm) Slab - 63" w X 120"
*Slab sizes vary depending on color
Thicknesses: Available in 3/4" (2cm) and 1-1/8" (3cm).
- Can Zodiaq® be used in food preparation areas?
- DuPont™ Zodiaq® quartz surfaces are nonporous and can be used in the kitchen, or wherever food is prepared.
- What are the design capabilities of DuPont™ Zodiaq® quartz surfaces?
- Zodiaq® can be used for walls and countertops. A wide variety of edge treatments are also possible. Due to the extreme hardness of the material, special diamond cutting tools must be used in fabrication.
- What care and maintenance does Zodiaq® require?
- Zodiaq® quartz surfaces are very easy to maintain because they are durable, nonporous and chemical-resistant. They require no sealants or waxes to retain their lustrous gloss and ultra-smooth surface. Routine cleaning may be done with a damp cloth or paper towel and, if necessary, a small amount of non-bleach, nonabrasive cleanser.
- How well does Zodiaq® withstand heat, scratches and stains?
- Zodiaq® is resistant to heat, scratching and staining. However, the use of trivets or hot pads is recommended. A cutting board should be used when slicing or chopping, especially with a serrated knife. Spills should be wiped up quickly; a nonabrasive cleaning pad and a non-bleach cleaning product may be used to remove stubborn or dried spills.
- Where can Zodiaq® be purchased?
- Zodiaq® is available in North America through DuPont's distribution network. The product is also available on a limited basis in Europe.
- Can Zodiaq® and Corian® be used together?
- Yes. A Corian® sink can be installed in a Zodiaq® countertop, for example. Each material can be inlaid into the other, either along the edges or on the surfaces, for a dramatic design statement. Just as both Zodiaq® and Corian® may be combined with other materials-such as chrome, stainless steel, glass or brass-they can also be combined with each other.
- How do I order samples of Zodiaq®?
- Send us your request by using our "Request Information"page.
- Where can I purchase Zodiaq®?
- To order samples please send us your request by using our "Request Information"page.